Theater Makes Politics
The first research workshop for Theatre Makes Politics (TMP) will take place in Paris – Montreuil in September 2022, from the 20th to the 22nd. 3 other workshops follow in Greece (October), Portugal (November) and North Macedonia (January). Then, the project activities develop until 2024.
Based on theatre practices, TMP wants to propose a creative response addressing religious extremism, populism, racism and conspiracy theories in Europe.
Through creative tools, TMP intends to support pedagogues and youth workers in their practices.
In that logic, the project may help youngsters to find a deeper understanding of people who are “different”. TMP is about overcoming prejudices and discovering the pleasure of exchanging, playing and acting for young people.
Paris workshop addresses more specifically religious extremism. How theatre practices may contribute to a better understanding of those topics and offer a creative way to dialogue between youngsters ?
The 3-day workshop will consist in:
- sharing knowledge on religion and extremism (with contributions from experts)
- sharing methods on theatre practices addressing citizenship and political topics (with contributions from the 6 partners)
- Creating through sessions based on design thinking approach to frame the future TMP methodology that will be proposed (lead by the hosting partners)
The workshop timeline is based on a method related to the project Creative Commune (also supported by Erasmus+).
Coordinator : Bundesverband Theaterpädagogik E.V. – Köln, Germany butinfo.de
- La Transplanisphere — Paris, France latransplanisphere.com /
- Ex-Quorum — Évora, Portugal facebook.com/exquorum/ /
- Center for Intercultural Dialogue (CID) – Kumanovo, North Macedonia cid.mk /
- Panellinio Diktio GiaTo Theatro Stin Ekpedefsi – Athens, Greece theatroedu.gr/ /
- KJT Dortmund – Germany theaterdo.de